In the 3 years since starting C’MON MAMA, I’ve never done an “introduction” post. I think mainly because C’MON MAMA is less about ME and more about US.
We’re all different but we’re the same. And living different versions of the same thing: Motherhood.
But, here goes nothing.
Hi, I’m Mama. 👋🏼 Just like you.
And here are 5 things about me you probably didn’t know:
1. I wasn’t in a sorority in college, but I was president of our National Chemistry Fraternity chapter, and my official title was Grand Master Alchemist. Yes, I was cool. 😎
2. I studied BioChemistry & Psych in college & was full steam ahead for medical school until I had an awakening & abruptly changed my mind. After years of setting myself up for a career in medicine, that decision unnerved virtually everyone around me…except me. Somehow I was sure.
3. Following that about-face I had an amazingly fun run as Jessica Biel’s stand-in & stunt double. It was fun, crazy, exciting & I met all kinds of people. Those experiences brought some amazing connections & opened some incredible doors.
4. I decided to move away and walk through those doors, so I sold everything I owned, rented out my house, signed a lease far away, and packed my car. Then, when I was just a few weeks out from moving, I met my now-husband. I pretty much fell in love with him on the spot. I totally had that “the one” feeling…and I’d been engaged before & never had that, so I knew it when I felt it. I was torn, but I knew I could always move a few months later & see what those adventures held for me…and I knew if I left right then I’d always wonder about him. I stayed. He asked if I wanted to unpack my car so I could actually see out of the back (it was fully packed for a cross-country move), and I said no because if we unpacked my car then I’d be moved in. He said, “Exactly.” So we did and that was that. It turns out it (and HE) was the best decision of my life. 10.5 years & 2 kids later, I’ve never looked back.
5. I’ve always been a major overachiever with huge dreams & plans. Before I had children, I was struggling trying to figure out what I was going to do and what my mark on the world would be. I’d quit my job in preparation for my big move, so I felt kind of out of place in my life for a second in terms of what I was doing. It took me a minute to find my footing again. But then, I became a Mama, and that answered everything for me. No, I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I AM one of those mothers who is defined by Motherhood. And I’m okay with that. Actually, I embrace it. I know exactly what I’m doing now. I know who I am. I know the importance. MY importance. And I know my mark on the world.
Turns out I have 2 marks on this world. And I’m proud as hell of that.
So that’s a little about me. Thank you for joining me on this ride. The wildest, craziest, sweetest ride of all. 🥰
Anything else you want to know?